Every Friday, I write about interesting links and share some of what I learned during the past week. I hope it adds value to your week.
- Dwell Audio Bible—I have other audio Bible apps but this app is much better in many different ways. It's easy to switch voices, and add background music quickly. There are playlists and plans accompanied by beautiful music. It is only available in the Apple Store for now.
- Morning Brew is a daily (available on weekends too) email that provides a quick glance at the daily news. It replaced USA Today for me. It's free Monday through Friday.
- 5 Sentences. There is no real reason to click on this link but you may want to see how a simple thought can be used to drive traffic to a site. The message is meant to encourage us to write emails and responses with no more than five sentences or less. Add that thought to great subject lines, and our email communication will improve.
- Click here for Five.sentenc.es
What I learned this week:
- Max Lucado taught on the importance for grandparents to affirm their children as they raise their own family. We enjoy our time with grandkids but need to be alert to the preferences of their parents. Pastor Max said we should never "spoil" our grandchildren against the wishes of their parents. But it's so much fun to say yes.
- Real Talk Kim taught me a lot about the source of her strength. She must step onto a large platform every day while coping with the rapidly declining health of her father. She walks her real talk and speaks from an earned right to brag on God. It builds my faith to know someone with such deep empathy. When she speaks a word over someone in a ministry line, she has already felt it in her heart.
What an honor to learn from her.
I learned from the apostle Paul through Mike Bickle to pray in the positive. Pray for love to abound rather than praying against hatred. I want to keep learning how to impart positive instruction and correction.
Dr. Steve Greene is the publisher and executive vice president of the media group at Charisma Media and executive producer of the Charisma Podcast Network. His book, Love Leads: The Spiritual Connection Between Your Relationships and Productivity, released July 2017.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.