My weeks are filled with reading, Bible study, and interviews with authors and ministers. Here are 5 things I heard last week that are worthy to be shared with you.
1. I continue to hear from the Lord about the importance of journaling. I was reminded again last week about receiving and retaining revelation through journaling. Record what you receive from the Lord during your daily Bible reading. As you record what you hear, it will be easier to retain. Consider making note cards of your key verse to take away for the day.
Check out this link for manila library card pockets. I've recently started putting one of the pockets in the back of every book (and my journals) to hold 3x5 note cards for my takeaway notes.
2. I heard Dr. Ray Self speak about the importance of hearing God's voice.
He told me, "I believe God is broadcasting, probably God's like the old FM radio. He's broadcasting - we just need to tune in. He's talking to us. He wants to be heard. He wants to communicate with us. He's trying to communicate in a lot of different ways. We're just too distracted, too busy to hear His voice."
Link to Greenelines podcast with Dr. Ray Self:
3. Chip Ingram shared his life verse with me on a recent podcast. I'm currently memorizing this great verse from 1 Corinthians 15:10:
"But by the grace of God, I am what I am. And His grace toward me was not in vain. I labored more abundantly than all of them, yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me."
You may also want to check out Chip's free app. Just type in his name in the search field of your app store.
Chip's new book is titled Discover Your True Self. Be free to be the you that God made.
Link to Greenelines podcast with Chip Ingram:
4. I heard this quote and wrote it in my journal. I've read it every day since. What a blessing to know....
"Jesus opened their minds to the scripture and He opened the scripture to their minds."
So thankful for how He opens both in our lives.
5. This song blessed me over and over again last week. I can't get enough! Turn it up loud! Sing it! Thank you, Jesus. And thanks Hillsong!
Dr. Steve Greene is the publisher and executive vice president of the multimedia group at Charisma Media and executive producer of the Charisma Podcast Network. His Charisma House book, Love Leads, shows that without love, you cannot be an effective leader. Download his Greenelines podcast at cpnshows.com
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.