Here are 5 things I heard last week through podcast interviews, reading and research that are worthy to be shared with you:
1. "Why?" is a question that is rarely answered with satisfying words. The words aren't enough. Last week during a Greenelines podcast, Solomon Mekonnen explained the problem through the experience of Moses as he studied the burning bush.
As Moses came close to the bush and attempted to discover why the bush was burning but not consuming the bush. The Lord cautioned Moses. "He said, 'Do not approach here. Remove your sandals from off your feet, for the place on which you are standing is holy ground'" (Exodus 3:5).
Life's mysteries are often holy ground. For now, we know in part. It helps me to understand that some things are to be respected as holy ground in this present age.
2. I often think about my thought bubbles. If my thoughts were revealed, like the thoughts of comic book characters, would I be more careful to guard my thoughts? I heard someone say last week that "to harbor grievances is to lessen one's own character." Imagine if our thought bubbles revealed what we harbor.
3. The summer might be over, but the adverse effect of the pandemic on marriages continues. Just this October, a D.C.-based law firm has reported an increase in phone call traffic of over 70 percent compared to last year. Most researchers conclude that as we spend more time together it's not as easy to mask pent-up emotions and feelings.
It's probably not surprising to note that the divorce rate in Christian marriages is as high as the national divorce rate.
4. As I continued to study Berin Gilfillan's Pursuing Maturity, I was challenged to consider what my eyes can see right in front of me. We often fail to pursue what is readily available for the asking. Opportunity is not as important as appetite. Are you in relentless pursuit of anything?
5. I heard "Overcomer" last week thanks to my interview with Kim Dolan Leto. It brought back memories of worshipping with this song while I was at Oral Roberts University. Listen to this powerful music by Mandisa. You'll feel victorious in just a minute!
If you haven't downloaded my Growing in Leadership 4-Day challenge on eBook, click here and wait for the pop-up window. Thanks!
Dr. Steve Greene is the publisher and executive vice president of the multimedia group at Charisma Media and executive producer of the Charisma Podcast Network. His Charisma House book, Love Leads, shows that without love, you cannot be an effective leader. Download his Greenelines podcast at cpnshows.com
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.