Often at the head of the New Year, in both the Hebrew calendar and the civil calendar, the Holy Spirit speaks concerning things to come. As I have prayed and sought the face of God, I have been given a series of revelations concerning the new era we have now entered into of 5780, corresponding to the year of 2020 and beyond. We are not just crossing from one year to the next, but from one era or decade to the next in this strategic period of time.
We really are crossing over from one side of the river where promises are revealed to the other side where promises are manifested. Could it be that we are in a season that is described in Joshua 4? On one side of the river there were great prophetic revelations received and released.
Then there came a crossing-over moment. The priestly leaders led the way, and in the process, they were instructed to pick up stones and deposit them on the other side of the Jordan. This pile of stones became memorial stones. speaking to the generations to come of their inherited prophetic promises.
Moses had released amazing prophetic revelations that apparently had a long shelf life. What do I mean by that phrase? The revelation that the meekest man who ever walked the face of the earth was given did not find immediate fulfillment. They were generational prophetic words. They were passed down from one generation to the next.
Passing of the Baton
Let me bring us up to date and to another period of time where the baton is being passed from one generation to the next. The modern prophetic movement finds its birth in the year of 1988. The "naba" and the "seer" streams of the prophetic anointing came forth with a burst of excitement in 1948. Two divergent streams appeared on the scene of time in the form of the Healing Deliverance Movement and the Latter Rain Outpouring. These were two entirely different operations of the Holy Spirit, but each had a major impact in the body of Christ in a global manner.
Then one generation later these two expressions reemerged in 1988. Bishop Bill Hamon of Christian International became one of the primary fathers of the spontaneous, effervescent "naba prophetic" flow, where he eventually established a base in the Panhandle of Florida.
Paul Cain and Bob Jones, on the other hand, were recognized by many as some of the significant forerunners of the "seer prophets" based in Kansas City. John Paul Jackson, myself and others became identified as a part of the historic "Kansas City Prophets" in the late 1980s and early 1990s. Two streams. Two different operations. Two different generations.
The baton was being passed on from one generation to the next. Great promises. Great problems. Great inheritance.
Thirty-two years have already come and gone since these two historic streams of the prophetic found their rebirth into prominence on a global scene. Today we have the benefit of cross pollination, the joining of the generations, the inclusion of numerous highly gifted women in the prophetic and an entire new generation of emerging prophets on an international level.
Today we have prophetic intercessors, prophetic evangelists, revelatory teachers, anointed counsellors, strategic marketplace prophets, prophetic equippers, dream interpreters, apostolic prophets, revelatory administrators and pastors, hope solutionists, and entrepreneurs and prophetic consultants in all of the seven spheres of culture. It is an entire new era. We have crossed over from promise revealed to promise fulfilled.
The body of Christ has never seen this level of prophetic profusion—ever! We are in a new era. We are inheriting the promises of these trailblazing forerunners and crossing the Jordan once again to walk out the words that a previous generation declared. It is a time of manifest destiny. It is a time of generational prophetic inheritance.
We Each Have a Portion!
We each have a strategic role to play. We each have a unique prophetic expression to release. We must take our place on the wall. It is imperative that we work together. The new wine is found in the cluster. We really are better together. It is no longer time to say, "The harvest is a decade away." No! It is time to receive your prophetic inheritance and walk it out for Jesus Christ's sake! It is time to put in the sickle, for the harvest is indeed ripe.
You have a voice that needs to be heard. It is a voice that cries in the wilderness, "Make way for the kingdom of God!" Our voices together exemplify the sound of many rushing waters. The voice of the Lord is thundering once again. Will your piercing trumpet sound be heard? Will you be a part of the symphonic sound that the world is waiting to hear? The choice is yours to make.
It's a new song for a new era. We each have a particular line in heaven's song to sing to a hurting world. The earth is groaning to sing this song of faith, hope and love. We must each lean into our master's heart and listen to the present voice of the Holy Spirit. You are to be a voice in the earth and not just an echo. We each have a voice that needs to be heard. And this I know, after four failed attempts of dying, I have a voice that needs to be heard in this pivotal hour.
Proclaim for All to Hear
I agree with so many others that we are shifting from an emphasis of the "Year of the Eye" to the "Year of the Mouth." But because my expertise is not in Hebrew numeric interpretation, I feel I must stay in my lane of prophetic teaching, supernatural encounters and inspirational revelations. With that in mind, let me give you the distinctions I have been granted in recent weeks and months. I have chosen to frame my portion as eight prophetic proclamations.
We do not use the words "proclaim" or "proclamation" often in our ordinary speech. We prefer the synonymous words such as "announce" or "publish" or "invite" or "declare." Let's revive "proclamation" as one of our best ways of being prophetic in these days. Let's "cry out," "pronounce," "herald" or even "decree."
Let me give you two primary Scripture references on this subject.
"For I will proclaim the name of the Lord: Ascribe greatness to our God! He is the Rock; His work is perfect; for all His ways are just. He is a God of faithfulness and without injustice;
righteous and upright is He" (Deut. 32:3-4).
"What I tell you in the darkness, speak in the light; and what you hear whispered in your ear, proclaim upon the housetops" (Matt. 10:27, NASB).
This principle was driven home to me one day when I was alone, waiting quietly upon the Lord, and the voice of the Holy Spirit came to me saying, "It is time to make a worldwide impact by calling forth the watchmen to the prophetic power of proclamation." This additional piece of the puzzle has shifted me into ministering out of a higher vision. Let's release greater impact through the prophetic power of proclamation.
8 Prophetic Proclamations
- It is a time of a fresh restoration of righteousness. This deals with the realization that righteousness is both a gift and an outworking in our lifestyle and character. This movement will be based in part in Psalm 24:3-4a: "Who may ascend the hill of the Lord? Who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart." It will be a time when "the Spirit comes with conviction."
- It is a time of divine interruptions. God is going to interrupt our schedules, our meetings and our appointments with His presence. The Holy Spirit is going to interrupt our good program-based agendas with interruptions of His divine presence. Watch out, here comes God as the divine interrupter and divine intruder!
- It is a time when divine order will be established. Out of a season when there is the open conflict of thrones resulting in chaos and confusion, the enemy will overplay his hand. God will use this backdrop to have the final word. This has ramifications on many fronts from family to government.
- It is a time of sacred assemblies and consecration. Out of need, there will be a movement of unity where there will be city-wide, state or provincial and national gatherings to seek the face of the Lord. There will be more public rallies of repentance and prayer combined with the call to "go therefore" over the next three years and beyond than in any previous time in church history.
- It is a time of cleansing of old disappointments. We cannot carry this baggage into the new era. Therefore, the Holy Spirit is initiating a movement of cleansing from old dis- appointments so we can come into the new with a fresh slate without remorse, guilt and shame so we can be the hope ambassadors He intends.
- It is a time when the thief and the robber are exposed and caught. I have been given dreams where a security breach has occurred and been exposed. Two dark demonic entities then came and appeared before me, and their names were "thief and robber." These enemies will be exposed and captured. Then the voice of the Lord came to me saying, "It is time for My revolutionary midnight riders to appear on the scene. They will shine the light in darkness and expose the deeds of darkness."
- It is a time when there is revelatory teaching on power and authority. As a part of our equipment needed for the new era, the Holy Spirit will be teaching us on the difference between power and authority and the necessity for both. There will be a revisiting of the themes of the authority of the believer in Christ Jesus.
- It is a time for the beginning of the great harvest. This new era in Christendom is the beginning of the great harvest. Please note, I did not say the final harvest. But we are crossing the threshold into the greatest harvest we have ever known thus far. It is time for the "greatest show on Earth" of signs and wonders and open displays of God's lavish love when Jesus Christ receives the reward for His suffering.
3 Requirements Are Necessary
Let me close my portion of this compilation by giving you three simple requirements that are necessary to walk in this new era of divine destiny and to see these eight prophetic proclamations come to fulfillment. The requirements are simple and yet quite profound. It is a time for:
I trust this exhortation has stirred your faith and helped to bring you to higher vision where each heart and voice matters. Yes, we each see in part and know in part. But when we each bring our part to the table together, we see the greater whole. So, this is a portion of what I see, hear and know for the new Hebrew year of 5780 and the new civil year of 2020 and beyond.
Let's each receive and walk out our portion of this generational prophetic inheritance. Let's each volunteer freely in this time when His manifested power and glory are on display. I want to see Jesus Christ receive the reward of His suffering. Don't you?
Yes, it is a new era in church history. It is time to fulfill generational prophetic promises. It's time for the "greatest show on Earth" to begin.
James W. Goll is the president of God Encounters Ministries and has traveled around the world sharing the love of Jesus, imparting the power of intercession, prophetic ministry and life in the Spirit. He has recorded numerous classes with corresponding study guides and is the author of more than 40 books, including The Seer, The Lost Art of Intercession, The Coming Israel Awakening and The Lifestyle of a Prophet. James is the father of four wonderful children with a growing number of grandchildren and makes his home in Franklin, Tennessee.
For the original article, visit godencounters.com.
Dr. James W. Goll is the founder of God Encounters Ministries, an award-winning author and communications trainer and has ministered in over 50 nations. For information on his webinars and online classes, visit godencounters.com. James continues to live in Tennessee and is a joyful father and grandfather today.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.