What a year we had in 2020! As I have spent time with the Lord, seeking Him for 2021, there were a few things He spoke to me. The first was about the word "resolute."
I believe that God is raising up an army that is "resolute." When I first heard that word, I thought to look up the definition, and this is what I discovered: Resolute means "firmly resolved or determined."
5 Characteristics of the Resolute
In this very season, where it feels like everything that can be shaken will be shaken, there is an army rising. Here are some of the characteristics that mark them:
1. They are determined and resolute in who they are in Christ. We are "rooted and grounded in love," as Ephesians 3:17 says. The enemy cannot define who God says we are.
2. They are unshakable in their faith, no matter what comes.
3. They hold onto the very promise which God has spoken. I can tell you, there is a war over your faith right now, and over the promises God has spoken to you. Many of us are contending for a very specific thing right now that we are bringing before the Lord. You are having to take a stand of faith daily, contending, declaring and decreeing the promise—choosing to not quit, choosing faith over fear, and choosing to not move into discouragement. This is your time to arise!
4. They take a steadfast stand for righteousness. Purification is coming to the body of Christ. He is reestablishing righteousness in the earth. We can't have compromise in our walk with Him—living in sin but preaching a different message. The Lord is exposing our hearts right now and exposing sin that needs to be addressed. I believe much more will be exposed this year because God is cleaning up the body of Christ. Also, a healthy fear of the Lord shall be established.
Here is a Scripture I have been praying:
"For nothing is secret that will not be revealed, nor anything hidden that will not be known and revealed" (Luke 8:17).
5. They will not compromise being a servant of Jesus for a position or a platform. Before we build anything, we must be lovers and servants of Jesus. We must be willing to lay down all our plans—to dream or to build—on the altar if God asks us.
Enlarge Your Tent
"Enlarge the place of your tent, and let them stretch out the curtains of your habitations; spare not, lengthen your cords, and strengthen your stakes" (Isa. 54:2).
Despite what it looks like in the natural right now, this is the time to step out in faith, to build and to dream much bigger with God; He is stretching many of us in our faith level. We will see an increase of builders and entrepreneurs bursting out in this year of 2021.
In the above Scripture, "spare not" is very important. I want to encourage you: do not settle or aim for less of what God has shown you.
Vision: The Year of Trust
Recently, the Lord took me up into a vision. I found myself in a hot air balloon, but what surprised me was that I was alone. Jesus was nowhere to be found.
Then I heard the Lord say, "This is the season you will have to learn how to trust My voice, even when you can't see Me. Trust that you have heard Me correctly—the very things I've spoken to you. You will have the navigational skills, for you are going to need them."
As I heard Him say this, suddenly I grabbed the cords of that hot air balloon and could operate it.
For many of us, this year is going to take a measure of increase in our trust in God and the navigational skills to get there. As you are reading this, you may find yourself in that place where God has given you a large vision, but the "how to get there" hasn't come forth yet. As you take one step of faith at a time, He will show you the next step. As you continually choose to take step after step, you will look back and say, "Wow! I got there after all."
As we build this year, it is very important that we keep our heart posture in the place where we are longing for Jesus to receive the glory for everything we plant. His favor will not rest upon seeds that we are planting for our own glorification.
Dreams of the Glory Coming to House Churches
I had a series of 3 dreams that all involved house churches. In these homes I could see many people gathered, and there was an organic feel to their hunger for Jesus. I saw many people meeting in groups around a table, discussing the Word of God; I also saw worship happening in a different section of the house, as well as a group that was meeting together and laughing as they shared in fellowship.
These were a few things that struck me the most:
1. The glory of God was there; the presence was so thick in this little house church.
2. There was such a beautiful, organic fellowship happening that centered around wanting to know and love Jesus more. There was real fellowship, real accountability, real hunger and desperation for Jesus.
Reformation Is Here: Feeding Natural and Spiritual Hunger
I believe reformation has come to church as we know it. The glory of God is coming through these micro churches, these small house gatherings, that will burst all over the nations.
"For where two or three are assembled in My name, there I am in their midst" (Matt. 18:20).
In this series of dreams I had, I noticed in each dream that our Crockpot of food which I had prepared never ran out. The Lord is speaking about being able to feed the natural needs of people, as well as the spiritual hunger they carry. The food never ran out. There was supernatural overflow that met the needs of the people.
The Wave of Glory
When I was in Israel a few years back, with Sid Roth as one of the leaders on the trip, I had a vision of something to come. I saw a large glory wave coming. As I looked on in the vision, there before me were many altars, and people were running toward them in desperation. I watched as hundreds and thousands of people ran forward. People from all walks of life and all age groups were running forward and throwing themselves at the bottom of the altars.
What struck me the most about these people was that they had a real hunger and a real desperation for God to touch them. People started weeping and crying in repentance for their sins. This is what created the momentum for the wave of God's glory spreading out over all the nations. We are at a place right now where a real spirit of repentance is going to burst forth over the earth. Our desperation and need for Him and Him alone will bring this glory.
This will be a very exciting year. Let us stand resolute and trust in God!
Ana Werner and her husband, Sam, reside in Missouri with their two beautiful children and are the associate directors of the Heartland Healing Rooms in Lees Summit. Ana travels internationally and equips people to see in the Spirit, move in the prophetic and experience healing and deliverance through her ministry. Her transparency, as she shares the realities and experiences she has had in heaven, brings the Holy Spirit, the love of the Father and the power of God into the room when she speaks. Ana is passionate about leading people into encountering Jesus' heart. Visit her website at anawerner.org.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.