7. Although it may seem that evildoers are exalted and prosper, the Lord says not to be fooled by appearances. Don't be disheartened or fooled by the apparent exaltation of unrighteousness. There is coming a day of reckoning. Those who truly walk in the fear of the Lord will be remembered in God's book of remembrance. There will be a public recognition of those who truly walk in reverence before God.
"You have said, It is useless to serve God, and what profit is it if we keep His ordinances and walk gloomily and as if in mourning apparel before the Lord of hosts?
"And now we consider the proud and arrogant to be happy and favored; evildoers are exalted and prosper; yes, and when they test God, they escape [unpunished].
"Then those who feared the Lord talked often one to another; and the Lord listened and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before Him of those who reverenced and worshipfully feared the Lord and who thought on His name.
"And they shall be Mine, says the Lord of hosts, in that day when I publicly recognize and openly declare them to be My jewels (My special possession, My peculiar treasure). And I will spare them, as a man spares his own son who serves him" (Mal. 3:14-17).
8. Proper alignments and associations will be crucial for God's people. Be very careful about the influences you allow to come into your life through what and whom you align and associate with. The Lord is calling His people to come into agreement with righteousness and truth. Through proper relationship with God we will be better tuned into the "frequency" of the Holy Spirit and will more clearly hear His voice and know His ways.
What you come into agreement with is what you will empower in your life. God is dealing with mixture that has crept into the church. We must break wrong alignments and pursue godly associations. We must align with truth, righteousness and God's Word. What you hang out with is what you will become (see Josh. 23:7,12; 1 Kings 11:4; 1 Cor. 5:9-11; 2 Thess. 3:14; Rom. 12:16; Acts 17:4; Prov. 13:20; 2 Cor. 6:14,17).
9. A greater polarization between truth and deception, obedience and lawlessness, and the true power of God and false signs and wonders is coming. True authentic power will flow out of a consecrated lifestyle. Deceptive power flows out of selfishness, iniquity and lawlessness, leading people astray.
"And many false prophets will rise up and deceive and lead many into error. And the love of the great body of people will grow cold because of the multiplied lawlessness and iniquity, but he who endures to the end will be saved. And this good news of the kingdom (the Gospel) will be preached throughout the whole world as a testimony to all the nations, and then will come the end" (Matt. 24:11-14).
"For false Christs and false prophets will arise, and they will show great signs and wonders so as to deceive and lead astray, if possible, even the elect (God's chosen ones). See, I have warned you beforehand" (Matt. 24:24-25).
10. A revelation and impartation of God's love is coming into the church that will cause believers to be moved and motivated by a deep compassion from the heart of God. This love will release both a greater faith and a greater power in the church. Just as Jesus was moved with compassion and healed the sick and raised the dead, so will God's people be moved with great compassion. This compassion will bring with it a greater release of God's miracle healing power (see 1 John 3:16,18; Matt. 14:14; Matt. 18:27; Luke 1:50; Luke 7:13; James 3:17; Gal. 5:6,22-26; Eph 5:1-21).
11. The name and works of Jesus will be emphasized. All the works of Jesus Christ will be seen and known. People will come into a deeper understanding and revelation of the power, glory and authority found in the name and person of Jesus. People will gain a deep appreciation and honor for everything that comes through His name. Focus will be brought back onto the life and works of Jesus Christ (see Acts 3:16).
12. There will be an anointing for writing in 2010. Those called to write and publish will come under a fresh scribe anointing from the Holy Spirit, enabling them to write and publish the heart and mind of God.
About the author: Matt Sorger is a prophetic revivalist who ministers the Word and the power of the Holy Spirit in conferences, prophetic healing revival services and miracle crusades throughout America and around the world. He also hosts pastors and leaders conferences to train and equip leaders in the power of the Holy Spirit and is the host of his own television program, Power for Life. In his meetings, many are instantly healed and infused with greater passion for God. Learn more about him and his ministry at mattsorger.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
- << Prev
- Continue reading
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.