Did you know that inflammation is among the root causes of major diseases? Cancer, arthritis, diabetes and obesity are only among the serious medical conditions that stem from inflammation. This explains why experts and health enthusiasts are pushing for anti-inflammatory diets to minimize risks.
If you love your health and you want to live longer, now is the right time to start paying attention to what goes inside your body. And if you want to save yourself from all those expensive medical bills and prescription drugs, here are five of the many foods you have to limit or avoid to prevent inflammation.
1. White flour baked goods. Did you know that white flour is converted into white sugar once it reaches your mouth? Every time you eat anything made of white flour, the starches will break into the sugars immediately, causing your blood sugar to spike. Aside from this, white flour has high gluten content, making it difficult for some people to digest it, which can lead to inflammation.
2. Red meat and processed meat. According to a study conducted at the University of California-San Diego School of Medicine, red meat contains Neu5Gc, a molecule that humans don't naturally produce. This means that every time you eat red meat, your body develops anti-Neu5Gc antibodies. It's your body's immune response that can trigger chronic inflammatory response.
And if you're still not convinced, a 2007 report by the World Cancer Research Fund and the American Institute for Cancer Research disclosed that processed meat is among the primary causes of colon and rectal cancer.
3. Cola. Bad news, Coke and Pepsi lovers. The caramel coloring in brown cola has a chemical called 4-methylimidazole, which is derived from ammonia—and it is banned in a lot of countries but not in the U.S. Aside from this, a 12-ounce can of regular cola has nine teaspoons of sugar, which can spike your insulin and cause chronic inflammation.
4. Common cooking oils. Most every time you cook something, you will need cooking oil to complete your meal. More bad news, people: Most common vegetable cooking oils that are stocked in your kitchen cabinet and are used in most homes and restaurants have high Omega-6 fatty acids and low Omega-3 fatty acids. Yes, you need fatty acids but an imbalance between these two promotes inflammation and creates a breeding ground for serious inflammatory diseases such as cancer and heart disease.
5. Feedlot-raised meat. There will always be a massive difference between grass-fed and grain-fed beef. And sadly, most commercially produced meats are fed with grains such as soybeans and corn—a diet that strikes an imbalance between Omega-3 and Omega-6 fatty acids. This means excess fat and translates to high saturated fats too. Aside from grains, cows are injected with hormones and antibiotics to help them grow faster and prevent them from getting sick.
The foods on this list are only some of the many foods that can cause inflammation. Therefore, watch what you eat and be careful with what goes inside your body. If you can say no or look for alternatives, then you should do so. The last thing you need is a long-term stay in the hospital, right?
Don Colbert, M.D. has been board certified in Family Practice for over 25 years and practices Anti aging and Integrative medicine. He is a New York Times Bestselling author of books such as The Bible Cure Series, What Would Jesus Eat, Deadly Emotions, What You Don't Know May be Killing You, and many more with over 10 million copies sold. He is the Medical Director of the Divine Health Wellness Center in Orlando, Florida where he has treated more than 50,000 patients. He is also a internationally known expert and prolific speaker on Integrative Medicine.
For the original article, visit drcolbert.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.