The "gut" is a complex organ that can provide us with many clues related to health. Some of the signs of a healthy, or unhealthy, gut are obvious.
A few of the signs of an unhealthy gut include having issues with diarrhea, bloating and constipation, as noted by Dr. K. King.
Research in the area of "gut balance" is evolving all the time, and the complexity is truly amazing. A healthy gut can ward off diseases and fight infections, just to name a few benefits. The perfect balance of microbiomes in the colon are essential to this process.
Let's Talk About the 6 Signs
1. Do you have issues with diarrhea? Individuals who have ongoing issues with diarrhea are at risk for an imperfect environment for gut bacteria. Also, those who take antibiotics followed by bouts of diarrhea probably have an upset internal system within the intestines/colon. When bad bacteria far outweigh the good, there is the possibility of trouble on the horizon that can negatively impact health.
2. Are you stressed/anxious much of the time? Individuals who are under stress for long periods of time are at risk for developing "bad gut" environments. Stress causes the body functions to be less than optimal. According to the Annals of Gastroenterology, many people who are under stress consistently have been seen to have an imperfect balance of good/bad flora within the intestines. The result is nonoptimal health.
3. Are you lactose intolerant, or do you have food allergies? Food allergies can create inflammation within the body. Individuals who are also lactose intolerant can have challenges keeping the body in perfect working order. According to Dr. King, individuals who do not tolerate milk well may benefit substantially by taking probiotics. A healthy gut can also mean fewer food sensitivities.
4. Do you have challenges with inflammation? Inflammation within the body can create havoc when it comes to maintaining good health. Research studies are being conducted in the area of rheumatoid arthritis, which is an inflammatory disease. They are finding a possible link between the balance of the gut verses how the body responds to fighting inflammation. Studies (with animals) are noted in the Nature Review Rheumatology documenting positive case studies showing the link between inflammatory response and gut bacteria.
5. Do you get sick all the time? Individuals who fight sickness on a routine basis should consider their digestive system. Plenty of good bacteria are needed in the gut to help us to stay healthy. Having the right balance is key to our immune system working efficiently.
6. Do you have ongoing skin conditions? Skin conditions can be a result of having an unbalanced gut. Some of the conditions of concern include acne, eczema, psoriasis and rosacea. According to Dr. Stokes and Dr. Pillsbury, there is a connection which can compromise how well our bodies suffice. Acne and other skin conditions can definitely be a result of the balance of the intestinal flora.
The Bottom Line
The bottom line is it is highly important for the "gut" to hold the proper amount of good bacteria that creates a healthy environment within. Adding the right supplements, such as Dr. Colbert's Fermented Green Supremefood and Living Probiotic, can make this healthy system possible, giving your body what it truly needs. Decreasing stressors in life will also help the body to work the way God created it to work!
For more information on Dr. Colbert's Fermented Green Supremefood and Living Probiotic, please click here.
Don Colbert, M.D. has been board-certified in Family Practice for over 25 years and practices Anti-Aging and Integrative medicine. He is a New York Times best-selling author of books such as The Bible Cure Series, What Would Jesus Eat, Deadly Emotions, What You Don't Know May Be Killing You, and many more with over 10 million books sold. He is the Medical Director of the Divine Health Wellness Center in Orlando, Florida, where he has treated over 50,000 patients.
For the original article, visit drcolbert.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.