If I want to live in the covenant blessing of health and wholeness, I must come out of agreement with lies that imprison me and which are not congruent with the biblical truth that "By His stripes I am healed." The key ideas for this blog were presented to me by Kurt Green, a prophetic naturopath, who is passionate to see people receive all God has for them.
I Come Out of Agreement With Lies That Imprison Me
I renounce the lie that I need to accept this issue (sickness or condition) because it is...
- Caused by genetic condition
- Caused by some nutrient I'm missing
- Caused by a parasite or toxin
- Caused by an emotional issue
- Caused by an injury that takes time to heal
- Caused by my age
- And so on.
Truth: None of the above is greater than the stripes of Christ which purchased my healing and set me free.
I Come Into Agreement With God's Truth, Reckoning Myself Healed
I trust in Christ's finished work on Calvary. "By his stripes we are healed" (Isa. 53:5).
- I gaze upon the vision of what I can do with a fully healed body. Abraham, the father of faith, was fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform. Abraham had a promise (Gen. 12:1-3), and a picture of the promise fulfilled (Gen. 15:5, 6) which he chose to gaze upon (Rom 4:19-24).
- I reckon this promise to be so: I walk in health the same way I walk free of sin. Consider. Decide. Purpose. Look upon yourself to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus (Rom. 6:11). I reckon myself dead to this infirmity and healed by the scourging Christ endured.
- I speak God's promise: "For truly I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be thrown into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that what he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you will receive them, and you will have them" (Mark 11:22-24).
- I forgive and love: I speak loving, healing words of life to my body, especially the part which is experiencing healing (Mark 11:25; Matt. 14:14).
- I see a single vision: By His stripes I AM healed (see Isa. 53:5). "The eye is the lamp of the body. Therefore when your eye is good, your whole body also is full of light. But when your eye is bad, your body also is full of darkness. Take heed therefore lest the light which is in you is darkness. If your whole body, then, is full of light, no part being dark, the whole body will be full of light, as when the shining candle gives you light" (Luke 11:34-36).
- Praise breaks open the doors that imprison me! "At midnight Paul and Silas were praying and singing hymns to God ... Suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken. And immediately all the doors were opened and everyone's shackles were loosened"(Acts 16:25-26). Power In Praise is a helpful book on this topic.
- Praise rewires the hard drive of my mind, granting me God's perspective and God's victory, rather than being locked into my weakness and inability.
- My healing remains as my mind continues to believe that by His stripes I am healed. Therefore, I choose to live in this revelation.
Going Deeper With 2-Way Journaling Questions
- Lord, what lies do You want me to renounce?
- Lord, what would You reveal to me concerning Your finished work of healing for my body?
- Lord, what instructions would You have me follow? For example: God spoke to me to cherish and nourish the part of my body that was giving me health challenges. I realized I had never cherished that part of my body in the past, nor spoken loving, kind words to it, telling it how much I appreciated it and the job it had been doing for me, and thanking it and speaking words of life to it. No wonder it was malfunctioning!
Remember: Cells contain memory and respond to emotions and speech as well as to nutrition. Since 90 percent of illness has an emotional root, it is crucial to love and live in compasssion.
Mark Virkler, Ph.D., has authored more than 50 books in the areas of hearing God's voice and spiritual growth. He is the founder of Communion With God Ministries and Christian Leadership University (cluonline.com), where the voice of God is at the center of every learning experience. Mark has taught on developing intimacy with God and spiritual healing for 30-plus years on six continents. The message has been translated into over 40 languages, and he has helped to establish more than 250 church-centered Bible schools around the world.
This article originally appeared at cwgministries.org.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.