I was recently honored to serve as a guest speaker at the 2021 Reimagine Maranatha Ministerial Fellowship International Annual Leadership Conference at Ignite Church in Vermont. At this conference, I offered the following, practical insights you can use to lead yourself well into developing healthy leadership habits emotionally, spiritually and physically.
- Play: Be sure to take some time off. Get some hobbies, have fun and enjoy yourself.
- Steward Your Body Well: Tend to your physical man, sleep and eat well. You get one body; there's no do-overs. When your body's done, it's done.
- Establish and Hold Fast to Your Priorities: Don't say "yes" to everything. A good "no" is better than a bad "yes." Re-access and reimagine your life and what's most important.
- Work on Your Strengths: Be aware of your weaknesses but work on further developing your strengths. Stay in your power zone where you're most effective doing the things that God equipped you to do well.
The following Scriptures highlight the value of leading yourself well:
- Psalm 127:2 (NLT): "It is useless for you to work so hard from early morning until late at night, anxiously working for food to eat; for God gives rest to his loved ones."
- 1 Corinthians 6:19 (NIV): "Do you not know that your bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own;"
- Romans 12:1 (NASB1995): "Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship."
- Mark 6:31 (NIV): "Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have a chance to eat, he said to them, 'Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest.'"
- Hebrews 4:9-10 (NIV): "There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; for anyone who enters God's rest also rests from their works, just as God did from his."
I hope the wisdom I've shared encourages you to lead in a life-giving way for yourself ... and your ministry. Subscribe to the Pinnacle Leaders Podcast with Dr. Langley to listen to this episode and others for more biblical wisdom on the areas of lordship, leadership and lifestyle.
Dr. Randal S. Langley is the president and CEO of Christian Life School of Theology Global (CLSTG), a world leader in theological and leadership education, providing online degree programs and customized Christian higher-education solutions for churches, ministries and other organizations. Dr. Langley is also president of the International Association of Bible Colleges and Seminaries and is a founding partner and certified life coach, teacher and trainer for the John C. Maxwell team. His desire is to help people fulfill their ultimate purpose in life and achieve their God-given dreams.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.