A beard might help you look like a mature man. A "manly" smell based off the latest deodorant or cologne campaign might help you smell like a mature man.
Even a high-ranking position at work or a recent increase in salary might make you feel like more of a man. But nothing—and I mean nothing—better defines what it means to become and stay a mature man than the Scriptures.
So, you're not convinced of that?
Here are 20 Bible verses that you will help you build and maintain a true mature manhood:
1. "Brothers, do not be children in your thinking. Be infants in evil, but in your thinking be mature" (1 Cor. 14:20).
2. "A wise man is full of strength, and a man of knowledge enhances his might, for by wise guidance you can wage your war, and in abundance of counselors there is victory" (Prov. 24:5-6).
3. "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith and in purity" (1 Tim. 4:12).
4. "And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near" (Heb. 10:24-25).
5. "It is for discipline that you have to endure. God is treating you as sons. For what son is there whom his father does not discipline?" (Heb. 12:7).
6. "For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for both the present life and the life to come" (1 Tim. 4:8).
7. "But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness" (1 Tim. 6:11).
8. "Speak as those approved by God to be entrusted with the gospel. We are not trying to please people but God, who tests our hearts" (1 Thess. 2:4).
9. "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves" (Phil. 2:3).
10. "And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while, will himself restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast" (1 Pet. 5:10).
11. "Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ" (Phil. 1:27).
12. "The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective" (James 5:16).
13. "Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire and covetousness, which is idolatry" (Col. 3:5).
14. "My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry" (James 1:19).
15. "A fool is quick tempered, but a wise man stays calm when insulted" (Prov. 12:16).
16. "Rejoice in your sufferings, because you know that suffering produces perseverance; perseverance, character; and character, hope" (Rom. 5:3-4).
17. "Don't be proud at all. Be completely gentle. Be patient. Put up with one another in love" (Eph. 4:2).
18. "Take up the full armor of God, so that you will be able to resist in the evil day, and having done everything to stand firm" (Eph. 6:13).
19. "God gave us His spirit, and the spirit doesn't make us weak and fearful, instead, the spirit gives us power and love. He helps us control ourselves" (2 Tim. 1:7).
20. "Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one's life for one's friends" (John 15:13).
Don't see your favorite verse listed? Post it below and let's build a powerful list and inventory for every man to use in his own life.
Did one of these verses impact your life? Share your story and prove the point of this post.
Manturity is a blog built on establishing spiritual maturity in today's man. The goal is to assist men in building better marriages and help them grow in maturity and explore different aspects of manhood. Manturity.com features new weekly blog posts, daily social-media updates and a powerful resources page. Stay up to date with the Manturity blog communities on Facebook and Twitter.
For the original article, visit manturity.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.