- Help me not to overwhelm my children with unrealistic expectations.
- Remind me discipline is for their good—and to always administer it in love—not in anger or purely emotion.
- Keep me from dumping my adult problems on them, while helping me be transparent enough for them to learn from my mistakes.
- Help me to remember my children's current age—and respond to them accordingly.
- Grant me teachable moments and prompt me to use them to impart uncompromising truth into their life.
- Allow me to see my children as the individuals you created them to be and help me encourage them to thrive in your purpose for their life.
- Let them see our home as a safe, fun, welcoming environment.
- Continually remind me time paces quickly and to embrace and enjoy each season.
- Keep building my character so my children have a model to follow.
- Above all—let my children know and experience unconditional love.
In Jesus' name, Amen.
Ron Edmondson is the lead pastor at Immanuel Baptist Church in Lexington, Kentucky. For the original article, visit ronedmondson.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.