As you pray for healing for yourself or a loved one, consider engaging in the following prayer points:
- Pray for God's guidance in seeking the best solution to the health problem. This could include vitamin therapy, diet changes, physical therapy, an exercise program and/or choosing the best available physician.
- Pray preventive prayers. For example, pray that all medical personnel will be alert and do their very best work in treating the illness. Pray that they will not make mistakes, bad judgments or wrong decisions.
- Pray that medications will be beneficial, with no harmful reactions or side effects.
- Pray that high standards of hygiene are observed and that no infections develop following surgery or hospital treatment.
- Pray against all negative words written or spoken by medical professionals, friends, family members, or anyone else. Their word is not final; God's Word is!
- Pray in the Spirit. This can mean praying in your prayer language, which ensures that you are praying according to the will of God (see Rom. 8:26-27). Or it can mean being specifically led by the Holy Spirit as you "pray with the understanding" (1 Cor. 14:15, NKJV).
- Proclaim and declare aloud the Word of God and His promises over the situation. This helps reinforce your faith as well as the faith of others involved. You can also paraphrase verses into Scripture prayers, inserting the name of the person you're praying for.
- Walk in a spirit of praise and thanksgiving, playing praise music and singing Scripture songs. This, along with declaring Scripture, will strengthen you and others against fear.
- Fast as you are led by the Holy Spirit. Spend some of your fasting time in prayer, worship and Scripture reading.
- Make sure you are not giving Satan a foothold in the situation by harboring unforgiveness against anyone (see 2 Cor. 2:10-11 and Eph. 4:26-27).
- Partake of the Lord's Supper as often as you are led, remembering the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and what He accomplished on the cross for man's spirit, soul and body (see Is. 53:4-6).
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.