Moms need friends, and often times play-dates are arranged not only for the kids, but for the moms as well. Even a late night run for pie and decaf coffee can make the busy life of a mom seem a little bit easier.
1. Because loneliness among moms is too common, and it doesn't need to be that way.
2. Because it is nice to know that other moms feed their kids ramen- noodles for lunch and they are lucky to get a shower before noon.
3. Because ponytails are in style.
4. Because we need adult conversation where we don't have to ask, "Do you need to go poopy?"
5. Because our husbands cannot provide the chatter that comes along with "woman territory."
6. Because you can indulge in tasty treats when you are together and not feel guilty for the calories you consume since "everyone else is doing it."
7. Because it is nice to have someone understand how exhausting it is to care for little people, while at the same time, it is a precious time in life that only lasts so long.
8. Because we need heart to heart connections with other people that get it.
9. Because we want to be known, and accepted, regardless of our flaws.
10. Because God created us as relational beings, we are not meant to do life alone.
Ellen Stumbo writes and speaks about finding beauty in brokenness with gritty honesty and openness. She's passionate about sharing the real – sometimes beautiful and sometimes ugly – aspects of faith, parenting, special needs, and adoption. Ellen's writing has appeared on Focus on the Family, LifeWay, MomSense, Not Alone, Mamapedia and the Huffington Post.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.