As a young girl I would always dream about getting married and having a family one day! Every young girl dreams and hopes for her fairy-tale life! There was a time when I was a young girl that being a stay at home mom was the norm. I remember my mom was at home and I remember she seemed to always have it together. ... She would wake up early, make my dad breakfast and pack him a lunch. Our home was always spotless and our home was so peaceful. Women then seemed to have more of a balance with life, at least it seemed a little more relaxed and slow-paced.
However, today I talk to many moms (old & young) and I've listed below the main things they share:
1. I'm just so tired, I don't have the strength or energy for my children, for my husband, my job etc.
2. I feel there is more to my life, I just haven't honed into my purpose.
3. I am constantly dealing with my kids every day, I don't feel like I have any help.
4. I just don't have anymore in me to fulfill my husband's needs. ... By the time I put the kids to bed, I don't have the energy to be intimate with my husband.
Sound familiar? I could definitely add more, however I think you get the gist of it.
How do you find the balance and enjoy being a mother?
1. Stop feeling sorry for yourself—this is self-pity and it doesn't help. Most mothers feel this way so you are not alone. ...
2. Embrace your calling as a mother and celebrate your children. They grow up fast, make the most of every moment with them.
3. "Mother" is one of the greatest callings in life! You have the influence over the next generation of men and women of God. Pour into your children!
4. Don't be afraid to ask for help from your spouse, family, friends or your church. Don't go at this alone, we all need that support and encouragement.
5. YOUR CHILDREN ARE COUNTING ON YOU, THEY NEED YOU AND THEY NEED YOU TO BE THAT BRIDGE TO JESUS!
Here are some great scriptures and confessions to memorize so you can stay encouraged:
"Every wise woman builds her house, but the foolish pulls it down with her hands" (Prov. 14:1).
"Above all things, have unfailing love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins" (1 Pet. 4:8).
"A gracious woman retains honor ..." (Prov. 11:16).
"I can do all things because of Christ who strengthens me" (Phil. 4:13).
"Do all things without murmuring and disputing, that you may be blameless and harmless, sons of God, without fault, in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation, in which you shine as lights in the world" (Phil. 2:14-15).
"For I, the Lord your God, will hold your right hand, saying to you, 'Do not fear, I will help yo.'" (Is. 41:13).
"And let us not grow weary in doing good, for in due season we shall reap, if we do not give up" (Gal. 6:9).
But those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, and they shall walk and not faint" (Is. 40:31).
- I thank you Father God for my child/children, they are gifts from you.
- I celebrate my children today and I am honored to be their mother.
- Thank for giving me the strength, wisdom, anointing and patience to raise them in the nurture and admonition of you Lord.
- Thank you for the support you've put around me to encourage me and help me.
- I am truly grateful for this high calling as a mother, I will commit my life to be the best example I can be to my children.
- I thank you that my children reverence you and love you with all their heart, soul mind, and strength.
- I thank you that my children will serve you all the days of their life.
- Today I put my trust in you even when I don't know what to do or if I don't understand, you are in control.
Whether you are a new mother, mother of several children or your children are grown, it's never too late to make a difference in the life of your children. You cannot allow Satan to lie to you and make you think you cannot be a good mother or make you feel guilt for what you did or didn't do for your children. We all make mistakes and there are no perfect parents, we all need God to help us. Start today, learn from the Word of God how to raise your children or if they are grown begin today building a better relationship with them and praying for them.
Tricia Reyes and her husband Luis founded and pastor The New Church Of Joy in Waukegan, Illinois. They have great vision for the younger generation and building strong families. Tricia is a blogger and has two amazing children, Matthew and Madison.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.