Christmas break is almost here. That means more time with my grandkids. Sometimes I play games with them. I make them up. And (big smile) I make up the rules, too.
When I give the instructions and details, they bombard me with questions: "What if ..."
I give the reason. Then another "What if" question. They think of bizarre scenarios to prompt the same question, "What if ..."
In life, which is no game at all, we also have questions. They rise with more force when heartache attacks, when pain intensifies, when uncertainty robs our peace. Then the question deep inside repeats, "Why, Lord?"
But I invite you to play the same game my grandkids and I play. Instead of asking why, ask these 10 questions so you can be set free from the prison of worry:
• What if God was in total, full control of the problem we face?
• What if His promise never to let us fall was true?
• What if we were to remove all doubt?
• What if we counted on the power of God at work within us?
• What if we believe that when we invite Christ Jesus as our Savior and make Him the Lord of all, we'll enter heaven?
• What if we let our worry turn to trust in God instead?
• What if we relied on God to be our provider of all?
• What if God's healing hand was upon us right now?
• What if God meant it when He said, "For I know the plans that I have for you. They're plans not to harm you, but to prosper you. To give you hope and a future" (see Jer. 29:11)?
• What if we believed all of the above were true?
If we did, God's power would be released in us. Everything inside us would change. Then, this Christmas season would invite renewed joy, welcome contentment and embrace peace that soothes the heart.
Janet Perez Eckles is an international speaker and the author of four books. She has helped thousands conquer fear and bring back joy.
This article originally appeared at janetperezeckles.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.