Are you fighting to be free from condemnation? If you are, you are not alone. A reader writes because she struggles with condemnation of past sins and recurring temptations in her mind about these past sins.
She's not unique in this situation. This is exactly how the enemy attacks God's people with condemnation. He is constantly interjecting lies into our minds that God holds past sins against us, that He strongly disapproves of us, that there is no hope for us to overcome or to be healed. His barrage of castigation against us is never-ending. So what do we do about it?
Ask God to forgive you for this sin, accept His forgiveness and move on with life. First John 1:9 promises us, "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness." When we confess our sins to God, He is faithful to forgive us of the sin and no longer holds it against us.
But what do you do when Satan torments you with memories of past sin? Any time the enemy tries to condemn you with reminders of this sin, rebuke him in the name of Jesus. Say aloud, "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus! Get out of here! I am forgiven by the blood of Jesus."
Also, you need to transform your thought life by reading the Bible daily. Start in the book of Proverbs; read one chapter a day. If it's Jan. 1, then you read Proverbs 1. If it is Jan. 25, you read Proverbs 25, and so on. The more you are in God's Word, the less available room there is for Satan to crowd your mind with his condemning thoughts.
We would all be stronger in the faith against Satan's weapon of condemnation if we would get back into reading the Bible again every day.
- "For the word of God is alive, and active, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, of joints and marrow, and able to judge the thoughts and intents of the heart" (Heb. 4:12).
- "All Scripture is inspired by God and is profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work" (2 Tim. 3:16-17).
- "How can a young man keep his way pure? By keeping it according to Your word" (Ps. 119:9).
- "Therefore lay aside all filthiness and remaining wickedness and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls" (James 1:21).
- "Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You" (Ps. 119:11).
Becky Dvorak is a prophetic healing evangelist and the author of DARE to Believe, Greater Than Magic, The Healing Creed and her new book, The Prophetic and Healing Power of Your Words. Visit her at authorbeckydvorak.com. You are welcome to click and have a free preview of Chapter 1, or you can click to purchase your copy now.
This article originally appeared at authorbeckydvorak.com.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.