Prophet and teacher Cindy Jacobs, along with other global leader, is calling Christians across the world to join in prayer today, March 3, for an end to the coronavirus.
Jacobs says God gave her a word to call for this global day of prayer.
"After seeking wisdom and prophetic counsel from prophets across the nation and world, we believe strongly that since this is a worldwide issue, it's going to take the whole church to cry out together for the mercy and healing power of God to contain it," says Jacobs, co-founder of General International.
"The renowned passage, 2 Chronicles 7:14, promises us that if God's people pray, seek His face and turn from their wicked ways, then He will heal our lands. Throughout the history of the United States, presidents have sought to align the nation with this sacred promise."
Jacobs offers the following prayer points for those who want to intercede today:
1. Pray Psalm 91 over your families and nations. ...
2. The prophets are concerned that fear is spreading in epidemic proportions in our nations. Therefore, during this prayer time, we want to both pray against fear and remind ourselves that God has not given us a spirit of fear. ...
3. Because fear can cause us to also make reactionary or unwise decisions, we pray for wisdom for our leaders to contain the spread of the virus while protecting their people effectively. We pray also for the crisis response teams and emergency responders in each nation to be protected and be effective. ...
4. Across the world. people are being faced with the greatest fear known to mankind—the prospect of our own mortality. Pray for courage for believers to share Jesus effectively through this time of crisis. ...
5. Many prophetic voices across the world have been prophesying the coming of the next great awakening, and that it will happen on a worldwide scale. Forces of evil would like to use this to either delay or disrupt the coming awakenings and revivals. Intercede that this will not happen, but rather that the moves of God will escalate worldwide. God wants this season to turn into a catalyst of revival instead of contagion. ...
6. Make a decree that the coronavirus will cease worldwide, and that God will heal all who are currently affected by it. ...
7. Reconsecrate yourselves, your families and your nation to God through the taking of Communion. Remember the miracle of Passover. Plead and apply the blood of the Lamb on the doorposts of your spheres. ...
To join Cindy Jacobs' global day of prayer at 11 a.m. Eastern Time today, March 3, call 712-775-7430 or 712-775-7431 The access code is 2452#. Or you can click here to join the webcast.
A second prayer event will take place at 7:14 p.m. Central Time at god.tv/live-events.
Jacobs' call to prayer comes days after photos were taken of Mike Pence and his team praying about the coronavirus. Trump announced Thursday, Feb. 27, that Pence was in charge of handling the U.S. government's response to the virus.
Many on social media mocked Pence's decision to pray, saying it was a sign of incompetency.
"Here's a Picture of Mike Pence's Team Attempting to Pray Away Coronavirus," one Twitter user said.
Another wrote: "Mike Pence coronavirus team: Those who can, act; those who can't, pray."
But not everyone responded negatively to Pence's time of prayer.
Pastor Jack Graham wrote: "A powerful photo of vp Mike Pence and team praying for God's wisdom in responding to the threat of the coronavirus. When we face challenges we pray and seek solutions. As Corrie ten Boom said No panic in Heaven only plans. So we should be prayerful, practical, and prepared. Prayer is not our last chance but our first choice."
View this post on Instagram
A powerful photo of @vp Mike Pence and team praying for God's wisdom in responding to the threat of the coronavirus. When we face challenges we pray and seek solutions. As Corrie ten Boon said No panic in Heaven only plans. So we should be prayerful, practical, and prepared. Prayer is not our last chance but our first choice
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.