As I soaked in the many powerful prophetic words for 2017 (among others released by apostles like Ryan LeStrange, Rabbi Curt Landry, Lance Wallnau), my untrained mind has (surprise, surprise) caught a few simple yet powerful revelations that have shifted me onto the track of acceleration for 2017.
Here are some of those revelations that I would like to pass along to you:
1. Events in question: It struck me that there are a lot of fives and sevens in this year of convergence of various significant events:
- 5777 - Jewish calendar year that already began in October 2016
- 2017 - this calendar year
- 500 - 500th Anniversary of the Year of Reformation begun by Martin Luther
- 50 - 50 years after reunification of Jerusalem to Israel (1967 Six-Day War)
Do these events and numbers have significance for us as believers?
2. Biblical significance of Five: The number five typically stands for grace in the Bible. Grace, as many of us know, is charis in Greek, defined as God's gifts, blessings, favor and more, that are unmerited and underserved for us believers, and yet God pours out His grace on His children in overflow and abundance.
3. Unusual Alignment of Fives and Sevens: In this Jewish year of 5777, as well as in this year of 2017 on June 7, it will be 50 years since the city of Jerusalem in Israel has been reunited, re-established. Israel captured East Jerusalem during the 1967 Six-Day War and get this: Rabbi Curt Landry mentioned in an article that the paratroopers went through the Lion's Gate at 7 a.m. He calls it "Jerusalem's Jubilee."
Jerusalem's Jubilee, I believe, has double implications.
Jerusalem is literally, in the geo-political context, right in the midst of contention. On Jan.15, 2017, 70 nations in Paris came into an unholy alliance to call for a two-state solution, asking Israel to cede East Jerusalem to Palestinians. Just as Jerusalem is celebrating its 50th year of reunification, it is confronted with pressure to be torn apart.
We are watching Bible prophecy literally unfold before our eyes, as the nations of the world are starting to unite against Israel. This development, if anything, should trigger an urgency within us that God's prophetic clock is ticking—loudly. Believers, time to get on with it!
Jerusalem Jubilee is also the kick-start of the Season of Restoration. During the year of Jubilee in the Bible (Leviticus 25), slaves are set free and land is restored to original owner. Jerusalem (a.k.a. Zion or city of David), also refers to God's kingdom and His anointed chosen. I believe in this new season, God's kingdom will manifest manifold on earth and His people will finally start repossessing what the enemy has stolen and locusts have eaten. We will be going into this with more detail below.
4. 500th year of Reformation.: Oct. 31, 2017, marks the 500th Anniversary of Reformation began by German monk Martin Luther.
Mathematically, 500 can be broken down in two ways—5 x 100 or 50 x 10
Prophetically, we want to claim this as follows:
God's grace for a new reformation will be multiplied this year by 100, i.e., a season of highly amplified grace. Wow! A multiple of 100, highly amplified grace.
Alternatively, we can also claim this jubilee to be multiplied by 10—meaning the jubilee blessings available for possession are being multiplied and amplified as we speak.
5. Consequences of the Convergence of Grace and Jubilee: So basically, we have the convergence of grace and jubilee this year intensified and amplified, no matter how you look at it. I doubt we can even begin to grasp a fraction of the implications, but I am going to try anyway:
In this new season, I believe we will have amplified grace to reform and take back that which was lost, specifically:
Grace to withstand sifting of character, pruning of dead branches in our lives, where there is barrenness and fruitlessness, especially strongholds of fear and unbelief.
Grace not only to reform, but to transform—to pay the price of radical transformation into radical disciples—orphans will be transformed into our true identity as sons and daughters of the Most High.
Jubilee – Not only will we begin to walk in sonship, but we will break out into a Joshua/Jubilee Season of possessing our inheritance, taking back our promised land—possessions lost, promises unfulfilled.
Jubilee – We will not only taste, but eat of victory where there has long been defeat—we will see increase in salvations, supernatural health, miracle healings, success in the marketplace, God-directed start-ups, experience abundance and overflow, fulfilling the Seven-Mountain Mandate as taught prominently by Lance Wallnau.
6. Biblical Significance of Seven: So far, we have covered five extensively, but let's not forget seven. This number means fullness, completion and perfection in the Bible. What is the source? The creation of the world was completed by God in seven days, and then He rested.
"On the seventh day God completed His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done" (Gen. 2:2).
Another important part of this completion that stands out from this foundational verse for seven is this rest.
What does the Bible say about rest? Does it literally mean to do nothing?
Hebrews 4:9 says, 'Therefore a rest remains for the people of God."
What does entering into rest mean?
Hebrews 4:3a says, "For we who have believed have entered this rest" Just prior to that, Hebrews 4:2b says, "But the word preached did not benefit them, because it was not mixed with faith in those who heard it."
Putting all these verses together, "rest" has nothing to do with doing nothing, but everything to do with actively believing God's Word, resting on God's Word (hearing God's Word and mixing it with faith).
7. Culmination of observations: Rabbi Curt Landry titled his article on 5777 as "A Triune Blessing of Completeness." He also called this the season of harvesters, a year that the harvesters will go out.
Similarly, I view the year of many sevens as a confirmation of the beginning of the end times, the season of completion and perfection of the work of the body of Christ. A time when we will begin to see tremendous harvest globally, marked by outpouring of signs and wonders, carried out by ordinary believers like myself. This phenomenon is famously named by Bishop Bill Hamon as the "Third and Final Reformation."
Applying this closer to home, we, the everyday evangelists, the harvesters, will not only go out and experience big-time harvest, but we will be embedded in amplified grace (aka anointing, power, favor).
I mentioned earlier we will have unusual grace to reform, transform and take possession of our true identity and inheritance in this new season. Coupled with the significance of seven, this means we will finally achieve all these kingdom purposes from the position of rest, we will rest from dead works.
Specifically, this is the year we stop building the kingdom from dead works of the flesh, for instance such as striving, drive, performance, fear of men, intellect, self-initiative, self-motivation or self-promotion. Instead, we will move from rest—resting upon God's Word that victory is assured, upon the finished work of Christ, upon the blueprints released from heaven, resting upon the power of the Holy Spirit, resting upon our true identity as sons and heirs, overcomers in Christ, kings and priests ... the season of perfection of the bride of Christ.
Wai-yee Schmidt is the Everyday Evangelist, an ordinary housewife on an extraordinary mission for Jesus. Her blog aims to jump start like-minded believers to step out in Boldness, to go on Assignment and take Territory (B.A.T.) for the kingdom of God. Read the original article here.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.