There is an Awakening coming to the American church that will rock the church to her core. The Lord is about to realign the things that are out of place in our church culture.
Jesus Christ the Apostle to the church set the church in order by the Twelve. Jesus Himself knew the church must be built on people burning for God and not programs and gimmicks. He spent three years with these 12 men and developed them, walked with them and lived life with them. After the developmental stage was completed with the disciples, Jesus told them to go and stay in Jerusalem and pray until God Himself sent the Holy Spirit.
Ten days later the Holy Spirit came in like a flood and the church was birthed. Then they left and went unto the town and Peter the wild one spoke and thousands were changed by the power of the Holy Spirit that was on his life. Let's look at three very important parts to this revival that happened.
First there was complete unity in the upper room. Second they all prayed and third they were all filled with the Holy Spirit. Now these are the very same three things that you never seem to see in a lot of in the church today. The church was formed from a prayer meeting that was completed after the Holy Spirit came. Most churches refuse the Holy Spirit and deny the prayer meetings. The prayer service is the most important service of the week, but it's the most frequency cancelled service and least likely to be attended.
I have never understood why if our Apostle Jesus Christ created the church through prayer and the Holy Spirit why so many people would reject these two. The Holy Spirit is the one who convicts us of our sins and the comforter. Pat Schatzline says, "The Holy Spirit has been fired in most churches today." When men are secure of whom they are in God, then they allow the Holy Spirit to have freedom. God wants His church back and He is very passionate about His plan for America.
I know awakening is coming to America and I believe it will come to regions that have a heart to help steward revival and outpouring. It seems to me that key places throughout America have been catching on fire for God recently. These spots are called Revival Centers, Revival hubs, Apostolic Centers or Epic Centers. They all have a few things in common.
1. They all have great expectancy. These places are full of people who are so hungry for God; they are ready for more of Him. Matthew 5:6 says, "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be filled." The Scripture starts by calling them blessed then finishes by saying they will be filled.
2. There is an increasing amount of the power and presence of God. The glory is there and its drawing people in. James 4:8 says, "Draw near to God, and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded." When we draw near, we start to repent and turn our lives over and completely surrender to Jesus.
3. Increased amounts of the prophetic; these places have more people who are tapping into what God is saying over their region.
4. More prayer meetings are formed. People are starting to gather together and sow verbal seeds into the ground and cry out for a move of God's Spirit. They stand on Jeremiah 33:3, which says, "Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things which you do not know." People are ready for the great and mighty things the Lord promises us.
5. People will start confessing sin, and will raise their standard of living. Groups in churches will start to hold one another accountable for things that they used to let slide.
6. You will find people studying old revivals and purchasing books on them.
7. Increased attacks and criticism from others in your region. As long as you are doing good, safe church. everyone will love you. When Jesus asked the people a hard thing, like eat My flesh and drink My blood, the majority left Him. When awakening begins, God will require more of you. Some will be unwilling to pay the price and will be frustrated with those who are.
8. You will find a shift in people's private time with God and a new outlook on ministry.
The church will get back to the original apostolic alignment that Jesus Christ Himself put into place. We have an Awakening in America; the question is will you be a part of it?
Joe Joe Dawson is the president of Burn Texarkana Revival center and House of Prayer. Pastor Dawson also serves as staff evangelist for First Assembly of God in Texarkana, Texas, where he also is now the Tribe College/young adult pastor. Burn Texarkana has one revival/awakening service a month at First Assembly and also has Burn on the Road meetings in neighboring cites monthly. There are four Burn Texarkana prayer meetings each week! Joe is married to the love of his life, Autumn, and together they have three kids: Malachi, Judah and Ezra. He also serves on the leadership team of New Bread Revivalists Network.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.