Each year we celebrate Christmas and all its traditions, yet many people never acknowledge Jesus Christ, the Savior of all mankind! They happily engage in the holiday activities but pay no attention to the One whom it's all about!
The greatest gift we have ever received is found in Jesus Christ. The decision to repent of our sins and receive Him as our Lord and Savior is a precious opportunity that so many brush off as insignificant. Jesus said in John 8:24 (KJV), "If ye believe not that I am he [the Savior], ye shall die in your sins."
Hell is horrific beyond our imagination and it will last for all eternity. The decision to receive Jesus Christ is not one to be shunned. A non-decision for Christ is in fact a decision to reject Him. Jesus said in Luke 11:23, "He that is not with me is against me."
You might say, "I'm not a religious person."
Do you realize that Jesus was the most non-religious person who ever lived? Religion is man-made and dictates rules and requirements in order for a person to enter heaven. Christianity is a free gift of salvation to all who will trust in what Jesus did for us on the cross. Because of His sacrifice, we can know that we will enter heaven. Christianity is a personal relationship with your Creator, not a religion.
You might ask, "Why should I believe in Jesus?" There are at least seven significant details about Jesus that distinguish Him from any religious leader:
1. He claimed to be God and said that He is the only way of salvation (John 10:30, 36; 11:25; 17:22).
2. He claimed that only repentance of sins and that belief in Him lead to eternal life (Luke 13:3; 24:47: John 14:6).
3. He taught that He would need to suffer and die for our sins and be resurrected from the dead (Luke 9:22) and that it was central to His mission (Luke 9:56).
4. He taught that only two eternal destinations exist: heaven and hell (Matt. 13:40; 25:46; John 5:29).
5. He taught that an eternal hell awaits all who reject Him (Matt. 13:40-42; 18:8-9; John 5:29).
6. He taught that man's good works do not save him but only trusting in His shed blood (Matt. 5:20; 26:28; Mark 14:24; John 6:53).
7. He taught that He is preparing a place in heaven for those who receive Him (John 14:2).
There are 300 prophecies in the Old Testament that foretell of the coming Savior. They were written hundreds of years prior to the birth of Jesus and provide specific details about His life, death, burial and resurrection. Jesus fulfilled them all. No other religious leader was foretold in future events and no other fulfilled prophesy. No other died for us and then rose from the dead.
Recent events have caused us to rethink and re-evaluate our lives with thoughts like, "What is our purpose in life? What is our destiny? Why are we here?" There is more to life than just what we experience here on earth. God's will is for every one of us to live with Him forever. "He is not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance" (2 Pet. 3:9).
Bill Wiese is the author of New York Times bestselling book, 23 Minutes In Hell, the story of his life-changing visit to hell in 1998. Bill has since authored six additional book titles and continues to share his experience around the world. He and his wife Annette founded Soul Choice Ministries in late 2006 and have dedicated their lives to reaching the unsaved. For more information about Bill Wiese and Soul Choice Ministries, please visit us at: soulchoiceministries.org/. You can find more of Bill's teachings at youtube.com/user/BillWieseTV.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.