Things To Be Thankful For:
- Got drinkable water? Around 1.1 billion people in the world don't have access to clean drinking water.
- Have electricity? About 1.5 billion people in this world have no access to electrical power.
- Have a roof over your head? The U.N. Commission on Human Rights says there are 100 million homeless people in the world.
- Do you own a car? Globally, only 1 out of every 8 people has access to a car.
- Do you have a flushable toilet? The United Nations Development Program reports that 2.6 billion people do not have access to any toilet facilities.
- Are you free to worship? More than 75 percent of the world's population lives in areas with severe religious restrictions. Christians in more than 60 countries face persecution simply because of their belief in Jesus Christ.
Take for example the infamous story of the multiplication of bread and fish (Matt. 14:13-21). Multitudes of people in front of Jesus were hungry and He didn't have enough food to feed them. He didn't panic, complain or get discouraged. Surprisingly, Jesus didn't even ask for more bread—He GAVE THANKS for what He had.
Let's give thanks for what you have and see if God won't give you what you don't have!
Vladimir Savchuk is the lead pastor of Hungry Generation Church and author of Break Free, Single, Ready to Mingle and Fight Back. He is also a founder of a virtual online school. To download free e-books, sermon series and small group study guides, go to vladimirsavchuk.com.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.