It is difficult when you love the Lord with everything in you and those closest to you don't have that same sentiment. You've raised your children in a Christian home and now they are in rebellion, and you desperately desire for that prodigal to return to their roots and foundation.
It is discouraging when you have prayed prayers and haven't seen the full manifestation.
When most of us got married, we weren't pursuing Jesus full force and didn't pray about who to marry. In most Christian marriages, one spouse is on fire. At the same time, the other is stagnant in their spiritual walk and satisfied with basic church attendance but no relationship with Jesus and the Holy Spirit. One spouse hopes the other spouse will be set on fire and walk with the Lord as they do.
I was preaching recently to my online church and taking prayer requests when I noticed the common request was praying for a lost loved one, a prodigal or a spouse to come into spiritual alignment. I felt the Spirit of the Lord come upon me and give me prayer points to release to my church. I then thought we needed to write these points from the Lord down and share them with the world. I believe every family has someone that needs to come to the Lord or come back to the Lord.
I remember years ago, I had to pray for my rebellious child. She didn't want to be a pastor's kid, was hurt by the church and wasn't interested in pursuing Jesus. I wrote an article for Charisma Magazine on it that you can read here. Meanwhile, I've also included some of those prayer points here.
- Pray audibly. There is power in our outspoken prayers and words. Bind and restrict the enemy in your loved ones' lives audibly, so he can hear you take authority and restrict his movements.
- Pray, "Holy Spirit, convict them." Pray to the Holy Spirit to convict them and then go further and pray that the person will receive the conviction.
- Pray to expose the darkness and bring it into the light. Pray for the person's influence by dark powers, their sin, evil spirits, hidden faults and whatever else the Spirit of the Lord gives you to be brought forth into the light and exposed so they can see it.
- Pray, "Father God, renew them to You and remove them from the destructive, unproductive and unfruitful paths they are following."
- Pray for angels to come into their path and be sent forth on assignment.
- Pray for people to come into their lives to speak the truth in love, for divine opportunities and conversations. Often, the people we love aren't going to receive from us, so pray for people to be put in their paths that they will receive from.
- Pray for them while you cook their food, fold their laundry, walk up the sidewalk into their home or get into their car.
- Anoint their possessions with anointing oil and pray a blessing over them. Pray over their rooms or vehicles if you can. Do a spiritual housecleaning in their rooms if they live with you and take authority audibly. (Receive my free pdf e-book on how to do a Spiritual housecleaning here.) Play Christian music or Scripture in their room when they aren't home if they live with you and permeate the atmosphere with love and worship.
- Write a warfare declaration of what you want to see manifest in their lives or what they need to have to happen and declare it out daily.
- War on their behalf. Declare and decree aloud to eradicate the powers of darkness sent to thwart and abort their destiny. Restrict the devil and his movements over their lives.
Don't give up! Keep praying and keep believing!
Show them love; don't push and force your beliefs on them. It will push them away instead of drawing them close. I am a firm believer that they are watching from afar and they see your Christian walk and, most of the time, they desire it but they don't know how to get it. Have hope whether your spouse, a child or a loved one will come home to the Lord. Meanwhile, know the fervent prayer of a righteous person availeth much (James 5:16).
Join Kathy for a Prophetic Spiritual Warfare Training School at Morningside home of the Jim Bakker Show, March 30-April 1, 2022. Event information at JimBakkerShow.com.
Kathy DeGraw is a prophetic deliverance minister. She is the founder of Kathy DeGraw Ministries and K Advancement LLC. Kathy hosts a podcast show called Prophetic Spiritual Warfare. She is the author of several books; Prophetic Spiritual Warfare, Speak Out, Discerning and Destroying the Works of Satan, and Unshackled. You can connect with Kathy on Facebook or visit kathydegrawministries.org/.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
Get Spirit-filled content delivered right to your inbox! Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Great Resources to help you excel in 2019! #1 John Eckhardt's "Prayers That..." 6-Book Bundle. Prayer helps you overcome anything life throws at you. Get a FREE Bonus with this bundle. #2 Learn to walk in the fullness of your purpose and destiny by living each day with Holy Spirit. Buy a set of Life in the Spirit, get a second set FREE.